• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical issue M915A1

Glen Donnach

I just bought an M915a1 from the MO Guard. Great shape, low miles, but I have an electrical problem. I have to jump it to start it and then after removing the cable, i have no guages that work, no lights, etc .
I think it might be the ignition switch, has anyone had problems with the Pollak 2 position ignition switch?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Could be a couple of issues.

One....... the alternator is bad and is not charging so no power to make the gauges. The batteries could also be very dead.

Two.....could in fact be the ignition switch.

Three.....could be a wire loose somewhere under the dash.

I would have the batteries tested first and see if they can be charged....all four have to be hot.

If you still get no gauge activity then you can buy a switch from NAPA (that is where I got the one for my former M915) and try that.

Good luck....they are great trucks.

reb87

your batteries are so dead they will not take a charge or some are shorted. Put two new batteries in(disconnect all original batteries ), making sure to hook your slave cable leads and 12v leads correctly...