• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issue

bcrobbins

I'm a novice, for sure, but I've just finished replacing the passenger side head gasket because I broke the glow plug nearest the firewall. Everything was going relatively smoothly until I tried to hook the batteries back up. I took pictures of the bus bar before I disassembled it, and everything is back where it came from (on the bus bar). One question is: on the intake manifold stud near the rear of the rocker arm cover (passenger side) should there be 2 wires and the ground strap? Anyway, When I try to hook the rear battery up (front battery is not hooked up), the cable, bus bar, and gp relay all star smoking and there are sparks from the battery terminals. I must admit that I have tried to hook the batteries up incorrectly before, and what is happening now is similar to that experience. Any suggestions? for what it's worth, I haven't installed all the intake manifold bots and studs, but it's in place with a few bolts in, and the stud that holds the three wires mentioned earlier. Help appreciated.

Barrman

The negative cable for the rear battery is hooked to the positive cable of the front battery. Is that front battery cable maybe touching the truck and causing a ground?

Patattack

Yes in the back there two writes and your body to engine ground, and yes I know because for 3 weeks my truck was doing crazy **** took for ever to figure out but the grounding strap was broken and put a new one on and all my problems went away!!!! But that's a grounding location. Your spark issues problem is you hook something up wrong you need to go back and check your work.

PeeWeeQ

After the smoke and spark show, you better check all those fusible links and your fuses.

Download the CUCV charging system diagram (just Google it and the image will come up) and make sure you're all hooked up correctly...

I've been where you're at... No fun...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk