• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical issues

kidkona

so I finally got my M1078 Back from the brake shop . yes I have brakes !. I was driving home about ten minutes in I had an alarm go off so i slowed down to about 15 miles an hour the alarm stopped . thought it was the brake alarm / checked the brakes / still have brakes / not the brake/ so hit Excelerator the alarm went off again. think it might be low oil alarm . any idea's . thank you

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The indicator panel will have an idiot light lit telling you the reason for the alarm.

kidkona

oh forgot mention my dash panel is a mess nothing works Have to start Diagnosing . it was ripped apart when I got it. need to get fuses and start working on it.

coachgeo

Not sure Ao or A1 it's 1993 2 1/2 ton. Ill have to check the volts when running in the next couple of days Thanks
A 1993 it would be an A0 mostly. The Vin number is the closest clue to what you have A0 or A1....... if it starts with an:

"A" then it is an A0.
"A1" then it is an A1...

say "closest clue"; cause on occasion a truck is updated so no matter what the VIN it may be a bit of a hybrid though mostly one or the other... hmmm....... then again...... guess I'm assuming here that an updated truck keeps its original vin. and that may be a wrong assumption. Those in the Know..... when a truck got updated like a few that has been auctioned... do they change to a new vin on those trucks? I doubt it.... but again that is an assumption.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?123737-FMTV-VIN-Decoder

Last edited:

Ronmar

Do you mean 5 pin relays? In 12V at any auto parts store... In 24V they will most likely have to be ordered, some auto parts suppliers may have them...