• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical nightmare

Redfive0

My dad and I are restoring a 1966 Deuce m109a3 I Talked him in to replaceing the wireing harness with a new one. Long story short the altinator is not charging. My question is if i were to bypass the wireing harness and wire the altinator to the batterys how should i proceed?

Redfive0

The old harness was more substantial. the new harness was for a m35 every thing else works great but the haness to the generator/alternator was very diffrent . I was hopeing to wire it up outside the harness. Front wiring harness p/n 11677081, NSN 2590010163187 for M35A2 havent a clue what the old harness was. the alternator is a 24 Volt 60 Amp, AMA5104UT also the new harness is hooked up the same way as the cad says im at a loss other then to bypass .

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Barrman

To put it simply, the big wire that bolts to the alternator should be 24V hot at all times. The small wire that plugs in with the Packard connector should come on and off with the power switch on the dash. If you have that, then the alternator is bad.

asgtoolman

To put it simply, the big wire that bolts to the alternator should be 24V hot at all times. The small wire that plugs in with the Packard connector should come on and off with the power switch on the dash. If you have that, then the alternator is bad.

First time I've seen someone put something simply that really came across that way--THANKS

Redfive0

First time I've seen someone put something simply that really came across that way--THANKS

Thanks Ill have to take the alternator back to the company that did the rebuild. Nothing like paying good time and money to find all the oem parts for a rebuild and getting the same broken altenator back :evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks