• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical problem (head lights)

mark_8408

So on to the next preject. My lights do work, so I guess I'm better of than some. But when i turn on the headlights they are dim, and the dash turn signal indicators stay on (not blinking) when lights are on, when I turn on a turn signal and the headlights are on they blink slowly (they blink on the dash at this point as well). They blink normal when the lights are off (and dash indicators opperate normally). All lights work, just dim, even parking lights. my brights on this turn are dimmer than the low beams on my other m1008. The black out drive light switch has been removed (not by me) dont know if that has any thing to do with it. Any place to start looking is appreciated.

D T

I think the first thing to start with is grounds,then look under the dash for thoes 3M connectors the kind you tap power off of other wires with,good as I can guess 4000 miles away,clean fuse contacts?

XanRa

alright i get to say it first yay! lol so just to start the flogging------
"if its rubber, replace it, if its electrical, clean it" so let the flogging beginrofl
so

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

kcbbqguru

Ok, I have the same problem, headlights dim, dash lights dim, I did clean the fuse box , and checked all the fuses, what's next check voltage on batteries, or check the alternators:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I have the same problem, headlights dim, dash lights dim, I did clean the fuse box , and checked all the fuses, what's next check voltage on batteries, or check the alternators:
Check your grounds. One each at the headlights and one above the emergency brack pedal.

cmroles

Check your grounds. One each at the headlights and one above the emergency brack pedal.
I was experiencing this exact same problem on the passenger side headlight and fixed it by replacing the ground wire. The passenger-side ground is attached to the body right in front of the forward battery. The wire was completely broken on mine....easy fix.

kcbbqguru

Cleaned the terminals, and put 2 new batteries in and seems to be working better??