• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical problems

tgabby1968

Went to start thr duece today and wouldn't turn over. I checked the battery voltage and it was 24.86 volts. All the lights and buzzer are working. When I push the start button the buzzer stops and the starter doesn't do anything. I checked the voltage at the starter and it is also 24.86 volts. I have also given the starter a few taps, still nothing. Need help trouble shooting the problem.

welldigger

2 things to check would be the starter switch itself and the relay for the starter which I believe is mounted on the engine block. Someone correct me if I have that wrong. Though I wonder why your buzzer stops when you hit the button.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
charge your batteries, then do a deep load test on each, bet a battery is bad, also check your battery connections, just because you get 24+ volts, does not mean they are carrying the amps

o1951

Bad battery connections or corroded wires.
Clean battery terminals and connectors, check wiring for corrosion under insulation near terminal ends. Charge up batteries, reinstall wiring.

212sparky

Check your ground connections. I going through this right now. Once it warms up I need to go through them since my batteries seem week and they are a year old.

KsM715

Alright, I'll say it. Read the Manual. There's a very nice step by step trouble shooting procedure for this exact problem rather than bouncing fromone suggestion to the next that you're getting from here. Not that any of them are bad or wrong but the TM goes step by step and its all written down for you to have right there on the fender as you're doing it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
STILL DEEP LOAD TEST THE BATTERIES, just because you charged them DOES NOT mean they are good

Also go STRAIGHT to the starter from the batteries, see if it will turn over, with it pulling the batteries down when you try to start, it is EITHER the starter or the batteries

Last edited:

steelandcanvas

Just going through the TM's Troubleshooting section would save so much time, trouble, and frustration. Then, if the problem is still not resolved, submit the problem in a thread. It's that easy.