• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical Problems

mdemars03

So as I have been working on my truck one of the issues I had was no turn signals or break lights. Headlights and rear parking lights are fine. I have repaired the rear wiring harness, installed a NOS front harness, new three lever light switch, new turn signal switch on the steering column, and new turn signal flasher relay under the hood. My problem now is that if I turn the three lever switch the service drive and the lower left lever to park, I get my headlights but no turn signals. If I turn the top switch to service park I get turn signals but no headlights. Every combination I have tried I end up with one of the same results. My grounds are good and my bulbs work except the right rear turn signal. Anyone have any ideas? It is a 1965 M52A2. Thanks!

6x6guy

Bad switch- determine the out put voltage wire from the switch to the turn signal - secure a bobby pin insert the pin into the wire ( make sure you don't short out the bobby pin) using a ohm meter check for the 24 volts that supplies power to the other device -(Make sure you have a good ground), if no voltage its a defective switch.

mdemars03

Bad switch- determine the out put voltage wire from the switch to the turn signal - secure a bobby pin insert the pin into the wire ( make sure you don't short out the bobby pin) using a ohm meter check for the 24 volts that supplies power to the other device -(Make sure you have a good ground), if no voltage its a defective switch.

Thanks I will give that a try when I get home fom work today. Hopefully it works. It is going to suck some if it is a switch since all the switches are new. Oh well, still not a hard fix if it is the switch. Sometimes new parts dont work.