• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical problems

maverick

Hi All.
I own a M54 A2 and i seam to be having electrical problems with my light lately.

When driving here i the UK i always have the headlights on. When I'm testing my lights pre driving I have headlights on as well as indicators / hazard light while i do a walk around checking everything. If i leave them on for 3 min + i seam to be losing everything, then they come back on after a minute. What causing this? Any ideas???

I have posted this message in the Electrical section but didnt get much joy so thought I would post it here also

Thanks

maverick

Thanks for the quick reply, I never knew the switch had a built in thermal circuit breaker, i'll see if I can find another switch to try.

Thanks again

steelandcanvas

Also, I would trace your light wiring where it passes through fenders and frame parts to see if you might have scuffed the insulation off of the wires. Maybe do this before you purchase another switch. If you don't find any problems with wire scuffing, go for the new switch.

maverick

Update, Checked the wiring, no problems there, so have borrowed a swith and it has done it again yet so hopefull I have solved the problem.

thanks for the advice

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks