• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical problems

sgtlutz

i went to start the 1009 this morning and it failed to start so i checked all the glow plugs and there where a few bad ones so i replaced them all.. went to start it again and all the lights in the dash went out and it wont crank at all.. i have no idea where i should start looking for this problem ( all ready looked at the fuse bo and all fuses looked good) any ideas. thank you

richingalveston

you are saying the starter was turning over but not starting, you replaced glow plugs and now starter does not turn.

have you done doghead mod? if not i would do that next.
glow plugs and starter are not really connected in any way so your starter not working may be because of a bad relay and it is just coincidence that this happend at same time.

if you disconnect batts for glow plug change, double check connections.

ralbelt

Remove clean all battery connections, shiney clean with a wire brush or emery cloth.Make sure batteries are fully charged and load test them.

Matt65

Start Simple. First confirm your batteries. Have them load tested, and fully charged.

Then consult the TMs if pressed for time. They can be faster than the forum. I have a link to the TMs in my signature. Use key stroke Control and F to search them for key words. There are very good procedures for troubleshooting and reparing this condition within.

sgtlutz

thanks everyone.. we found out that the wire going from batt number one had pulled lose and was not geting a good conection

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks