• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical questions

04mustang

Ive searched for this but havnt been able to find a clear answer.

I have a 1970 M35A2 W/W made by AM General Corp.
It does not have a slave receptical, the place where it should be is just a knockout cover that has never been used.
I would like to add the slave receptical to it. How does one go about doing this, and where would you find everything that I need to add this feature to my truck?

Also,
My truck had the bed removed many years ago, I recently added a normal bed back to it, but I dont have the connector for a trailer, Ive just got the bracket that is recessed in to the bed. Again, I would like to add this back to the truck, so what would be involved and where would I find the parts I would need to do so?

Thank you,
Corey

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Bob. Same with the trailer receptacle only it's probably going to have to be a used item. Several folks are parting trucks in the classifieds, I'm sure you could scare up a trailer plug. Then it's just a matter of tracing which wire is which and reattaching them. The slave is a real simple deal, Ground the ground cable and attach the positive to the fwd battery.

04mustang

Thank you very much for the quick responses! Thats pretty much what I was looking for, if it was a kit, or I needed to do anything special to add these features to my truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks