• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical questions

04mustang

Ive searched for this but havnt been able to find a clear answer.

I have a 1970 M35A2 W/W made by AM General Corp.
It does not have a slave receptical, the place where it should be is just a knockout cover that has never been used.
I would like to add the slave receptical to it. How does one go about doing this, and where would you find everything that I need to add this feature to my truck?

Also,
My truck had the bed removed many years ago, I recently added a normal bed back to it, but I dont have the connector for a trailer, Ive just got the bracket that is recessed in to the bed. Again, I would like to add this back to the truck, so what would be involved and where would I find the parts I would need to do so?

Thank you,
Corey

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Bob. Same with the trailer receptacle only it's probably going to have to be a used item. Several folks are parting trucks in the classifieds, I'm sure you could scare up a trailer plug. Then it's just a matter of tracing which wire is which and reattaching them. The slave is a real simple deal, Ground the ground cable and attach the positive to the fwd battery.

04mustang

Thank you very much for the quick responses! Thats pretty much what I was looking for, if it was a kit, or I needed to do anything special to add these features to my truck.