• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical short. Now no start, completely dead.

mistaken1

As my follow up. I installed a new rear battery and the truck fired right up.

While installing the new rear battery I temporarily connected the all battery terminals except the back battery positive (recreated the conditions when the OP drew an arc to the firewall). From that back battery positive terminal (wire) I read 12.x volts to the chassis. The back battery post to the chassis is 25.x volts but that disconnected back battery positive wire is still 'hot' with 12V.

Remember, when doing electrical work on your CUCVs always disconnect the front battery negative first and reconnect it last.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks