• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electrical short

blzrgb

86 cucv. short on front battery seeming to be coming from drivers side alternater. drains the battery but not the rear one. you can unhook the drivers alt. an the short dissappers. is it the alt. or some where in the wiring.

mangus580

Sounds to me like its the alternator. Take it off, and have a shop look at it for you. Its a standard GM alternator with an Isolated Ground. Make sure they are aware of the Isolated Ground part. Any good shop should know this already though...

pauly

I'm shorted too!

So im having the same problem, but the pos. wire that comes off of my passanger side alt is 24v and on the other side of my fusable link its 12v but if i replace the link it welds my neg bat. terminal on the batt by the busbar
ive been to GM peterbuilt for guidence on my electrical didnt have any luck. do you know what the wire that connects your top bus bar to your bottom bus bar is called or what it is used for or doesaua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks