• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical System Rear Lights

cten

Does anyone know where I can find a drawing of the electrical system.

I'm having an issue with only the left rear stop light.

For some reason it does not come on with the large bulb in the socket.

If I change it out to a smaller bulb it works fine.

Go figure.

Regards,

MVtrucker

Might be a ground connection within the light housing. Run a ground wire from the bulb socket directly to a real clean spot on the chassis. I've encountered this several times.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For sure check those grounds. I like the schematic in the back of the 361-20 manual. It's a pullout and nice. I know lots of y'all dont have the paper manual. I'm eventually going to Kinko's and have a bunch of these copied. I'll let y'all know when they are available.

cten

Took all the bulbs out and made sure they were the correct ones.

Tighten the back of each light to the frame.

Did that about 3 times to be sure I was not missing something or getting side tracked in between.

After that I put the screw driver on the left ground and hit it a couple of times and the top light got brighter.

Then had my son hit the left turn signal and press the breaks and it was working fine again.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Regards,

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just so you know, on some of the composite lights, one bulb grounds through one bolt while the other grounds through the remaining bolt. The housings sometimes get a little funky inside too. Glad it was a cheap fix! BTW, for those reading this and kinda new to the hobby, lots of test lights use a bulb that is identical in size to the dash light bulbs in the deuces. A simple bulb swap and you have a 24V test light. As a side note it still works on 12V just not too bright. I'm not test light poor for sure (must have a dozen of them) but I bought one of the $1.99 coiled cord test light at a Harbor Frieght Store and swapped the bulb. It works pretty good for a cheapy!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks