• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical woes?!?!

slickm1008

Hi all!

so, for some reason... I have my hazard lights stuck on?!

thought it was the switch, so I disabled it on the column but still kept up. I had other issues too so I replaced the steering for 1 with tilt and all working stalks etc... Still have the flashers going?

ive replaced the flasher fuse deals and STILL flashing??

whats going on and how would I fix it? As it sits, I have no lights if not flashing...

i think ink I need to ditch the blackout switch and such too... But that's a different story for a different time.

help???

dmetalmiki

Disable the hot wire connected to the flasher unit. And, as American vehicles have a (strange) different wiring method to anyone else, Check if the brake light switch is shorting, or, if that same same 'hot' wire has arrived (is running) at the brake lights. Look for a cross short circuit there. Or at the front lights. There IS a faulty 'hot' wire running those circuits somewhere in the harness, lights, or brake light switch. I would disconnect wires at those points until the fault ceased. Then you have the problem of wiring them correctly. Tricky!, and I wish you all the best with that task. (My 1/2 penne'th)

richingalveston

Make sure your fuse block is in good shape. many times electrical problems lead to the fuse box overheating and melting.
When it melts anything can happen. All your fuse holders get loos and the wires coming in to the back can short out.

The other thing to do is find the plugs in your wiring harness and disconnect the front and then the back and see if you can determine if the problem is front or back harness.
on the engine side, all of the harness wires plug in to the back of the fuse box so check all of those connections.