• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical

REDWOLF

Well i finaly replaced the lift pump on my M1009 friday. Will i was replaceing the pump i was chargeing the front battery. I had hooked up the front batter once or twice to bump the truck over to get the fuel pump in. After i was finished with the pump hooked every thing back up to prime the sytem. All i got was cliking starter and a puff of smoke from the front positive post and nothing. Unhooked both batterys and charged them both up. Hooked it all back up saturday nignt and just a cluck from the statrter and dim lights on the dash. I only moved the power wire to the starter slightly to hook up the fuel line to the ip pump. Need help? :confused:

Ken_86gt

Well, when you let the magic smoke out it usually won't work any more.

It sounds like a bad connection- since it worked before. I would disconnect everything you did, wire brush or clean the connections, make sure the wire is in good condition - not coming apart at the lugs. Check the grounds as well. Are you sure that both batteries are in good condition?

REDWOLF

Both batteries where brand new two years ago and acording to the charger they look good. The only wire i moved is the power wire going to the starter. So i think i am going to start there and work my way back.

cucvcan

The power wire down to the starter is very tight. Be sure it is not grounding out down there. You may also have overtightened the starter lug and broke it??

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The power wire down to the starter is very tight. Be sure it is not grounding out down there. You may also have overtightened the starter lug and broke it??

That's the first place I would check. Also, the batteries should be load tested.