• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electrical ?

hwcurtice

Are all the trailer plugs the same. wiring wise?

I just got my M1012A home and I printed up a wiring diagram I found in here (Figure 2-57) And it says 'Marker lights'. Does my trailer have marker lights or just reflectors? They sure don't look like lights...

I wish this diagram was more informational to simple folk like me...:confused:

Oldfart

Trailer electrical depends on....
I am assuming you mean an M101a2. Early, M101's had a left side stop/tail light. Right side was a black out marker light. Later, it became left and right stop/tail lamp with the B.O. marker on the bottom of the lamp. Then the current modern tail lamp set up. Many of the early trailers were converted to the modern set up, but not all. Being a M101a2 it should have the modern set up.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh...

Well, it's a 1990 Kasel MFG M101a2

The tail lights look like they have backup lights also.

Those are Black Out Lights....not backup lights. No trailers that I am aware of had backup lights.

The military tried to standardize the wire labeling so a wire #491 would be the same on any vehicle.

I have attached a listing of wiring numbers.

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which manual did you get the wiring diagram from? I did not see a figure 2-57 in the TM 9-2330-202-14&P which is the technical manual for the M101A2

But I did find the wiring diagram on page 4-48. It has a description of each of the wires.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No trailers that I am aware of, or M.V.s for that matter, had backup lights.
CUCVs have back-up lights...

jtpasto

Trailer Receptacle Circuit Chart

This attached trailer receptacle circuit chart better explains the wires in the previous tail light wiring chart. The wires designated service is what I used for left turn, right turn and lights.

Attachments