• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic governor control for MEP 804B

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK
Now with S1 in START measure the DC voltage at
K15-7
K15-4

Also see if you see the K15 relay open and close as you move S1 from RUN to START and back to RUN while it's running.

Antonio Pena

OK
Now with S1 in START measure the DC voltage at
K15-7
K15-4

Also see if you see the K15 relay open and close as you move S1 from RUN to START and back to RUN while it's running.
K15-7 24 V
K15-4, no voltage on start
The contact dose open and close with S1 start

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Based on your measurements it indicates K15 is the problem.
Odd because relays rarely fail.

What should be happening is K15-7 gets 24 volts when the engine is up to speed.
When you move S1 to START K15 closes and should pass the 24 volts on terminal 7 to terminal 4.
However you are measuring 0 volts on K15 terminal 4.

Antonio Pena

Based on your measurements it indicates K15 is the problem.
Odd because relays rarely fail.

What should be happening is K15-7 gets 24 volts when the engine is up to speed.
When you move S1 to START K15 closes and should pass the 24 volts on terminal 7 to terminal 4.
However you are measuring 0 volts on K15 terminal 4.
I just woke up, and started reading this before I go back to bed. Swap K 14 and K15. See if your symptoms change.
I did swap out the relays K14 with K15 same problem although when I held S1 in start I do get 120 volt to the convinces outlet

Antonio Pena

I swapped out relays K-15 with K-14 same problem persiste although when I hold S-1 in the start position I do get 120 volt to the convinces outlet

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have power at the convenience outlet before you swapped the relays with S1 in START?

With the relays swapped do you get power to the outlet with S1 in START and do you lose power there when you release S1 back to run?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks