• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic governor control for MEP 804B

Antonio Pena

Did you have power at the convenience outlet before you swapped the relays with S1 in START?

With the relays swapped do you get power to the outlet with S1 in START and do you lose power there when you release S1 back to run?
I did not check for power before the relay swap, when I release S-1 I lose power and the hertz meter drops off.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you get power to the outlet with S1 in START it indicates the set if flashing and that the gen head should be OK.
Now need to move on and see if there is an issue with the AC voltage regluation system.
What brand of AC Voltage Regulator is in in it? Technology Research Corporation (TRC) or Libby?

Antonio Pena

Since you get power to the outlet with S1 in START it indicates the set if flashing and that the gen head should be OK.
Now need to move on and see if there is an issue with the AC voltage regluation system.
What brand of AC Voltage Regulator is in in it? Technology Research Corporation (TRC) or Libby?
Libby, I bought it on EBAY open box

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you aware that the 804 used two different voltage regulators (VR)?
Depending on which brand VR is used that the T1 Transformer, the R16 Resistor on the back of S12 and the front panel AV Voltage Adjust Potentiometer are different?
Have you verified your set has the correct parts in it to work with a Libby VR?

Antonio Pena

Depending on which brand VR is used that the T1 Transformer, the R16 Resistor on the back of S12 and the front panel AV Voltage Adjust Potentiometer are different?

Antonio Pena

I went with thru this subject when I ordered it let me see if I can find it thanks

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
??
In Post #1 and Post #2 you said...

Hello, is there anybody’s out there that can help me find a electronic governor control for a MEP 804B any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Hello out there, I replaced A5 with the instructions provided unfortunately I still don’t get any power I here the contact draw in but no out put. Can anybody help with what to check for?

Antonio Pena

??
In Post #1 and Post #2 you said...

Hello, is there anybody’s out there that can help me find a electronic governor control for a MEP 804B any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Hello out there, I replaced A5 with the instructions provided unfortunately I still don’t get any power I here the contact draw in but no out put. Can anybody help with what to check for?
The response to thread 2

Antonio Pena

I have several please contact me directly at: libbysales@austin.rr.com thanx mac/mc
I have a Libby A1. How do verify correct T1, R16, and S12? Gen set MEP 804 B I'm assuming 804B uses a Libby and the 804A uses a TRC is this correct?
My apologies for my illiteracy in previous threads I get to wound up and frustrated and using my cell phone doesn't help I would appreciate any advice
Thank you

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MEP-804A and MEP-804B may have either the Libby A1 or a TRC A1.
Depending on which is installed when the generator was built the correct R16, T1 and Voltage Adjust potentiometer are installed to match the A1.

Since you have a Libby A1 then you need to check the following to be sure your generator has the correct parts in it to work with a Libby A1.

For front panel AC Voltage Adjust control the back of it should look something like this.
Somewhere on the back of it it should say "10KΩ" like line 2 in the photo below
Libby Voltage Potentiometer.JPG

Next to check is the resistor that on the back of S12
It's suppose to be a 3,000 Ohm resistor
If it has colored bands on it then it will look similar to the picture below.
If it has colored bands they should be Orange then Black then Red then Gold in that order.
Libby R16 Resistor Sample.JPG

The third item to check is the T1 transformer.
It should look like this and ought to me marked with "122-7182" or "5950-01-370-3328"
Libby T1 Transformer.JPG

Antonio Pena

The MEP-804A and MEP-804B may have either the Libby A1 or a TRC A1.
Depending on which is installed when the generator was built the correct R16, T1 and Voltage Adjust potentiometer are installed to match the A1.

Since you have a Libby A1 then you need to check the following to be sure your generator has the correct parts in it to work with a Libby A1.

For front panel AC Voltage Adjust control the back of it should look something like this.
Somewhere on the back of it it should say "10KΩ" like line 2 in the photo below
View attachment 827540

Next to check is the resistor that on the back of S12
It's suppose to be a 3,000 Ohm resistor
If it has colored bands on it then it will look similar to the picture below.
If it has colored bands they should be Orange then Black then Red then Gold in that order.
View attachment 827541

The third item to check is the T1 transformer.
It should look like this and ought to me marked with "122-7182" or "5950-01-370-3328"
View attachment 827542

Antonio Pena

Thank you so much. I’ll check it and keep you posted, I did not know that 804B & 804A used either TRC or Libby Thanks again for the information

Guyfang

Staff member
R16. Look at this picture. Its behind the panel. Attached to S12.

Edit. S12, not S16 as I originally wrote.

Attachments

Last edited:

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you'll need a TRC A1 to work with that T1 Transformer and Voltage Adjust potentiometer.

S12 is the Frequency Select Switch. It's on a panel behind the drop down gauge panel.

S12 R16 resistor.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks