• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronic (push button) M-series Light Switch

Heavysteven

I got even more upset when I put my old three way in. I thought to myself how does this thing still work it's old and been rolling around in my tool box.

Oh well guess I just repaint the old one.

papakb

mhb285,

You don't mention what truck you own so this'll be generic. That small arc can be caused by anything that continues to draw current with the truck off. Things like the cap in the input to the distributor (ignitor) in a gasser will cause it. Carbon buildup in the starter switch or solenoid can cause it. Even dirt in the ignition switch can cause this to happen. Naturally any frayed or partially shorted wiring can cause it to happen.

In newer civy vehicles there are computers and clocks and all manner of crap that they leave powered up all the time that can cause it. MVs are much simpler than their civy counterparts but can still suffer from stray currents. If you have a DC current meter you can put in series with the + terminal you can fingure out how much current is there. Just don't hit the starter or you'll fry the meter. Anything over .1 Amp is going to kill your batterys over time.

Kurt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks