• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electronics Sho, Trailer Mounted AN/MPM-46B of Nike Hercules Equipment Trailer

Hermannator

I purchased a piece of history recently. I have an Electronics Shop, Trailer Mounted AN/MPM-46B that has Dual wheel assemblies front and back with a pintle draw bar in stead of a 5th wheel king pin.Equipment trailer .jpg
The Tires are 8 PLY 9.00 - 16 highway tires. 557594_6582_0_0012.jpg

9.00 - 16 tire and wheel.jpg
The wheels are a dual wheel assembly with 5 lugs and a 5" center hole for the axle. The lug holes appear to be about 71/2" apart. There are 5 mounting studs with 5 bud style inner sleeves and 5 outer inner nuts that go over the inner sleeves and inner sleeves are directional. Stud piloted design versus hub design.
It looks like it has a safety ring around the beam but is not a traditional split rim and the loacl tire shop doesn't want to work with the rim.
I have scoured the internet and the TMs and all I can find is the description as dual wheel assembly.

I would like to find a replacement dual wheel assembly or a common trailer tire size that matches up to the 9.00 - 16 tires on the trailer now. Before I drive all over San Antonio looking for an answer, I would like to know what options i have for a safer wheel set or tires that are easier to come by than 9.00-16.

Thanks

John

I put photos in an album here on SS.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zev~ GoldnEagle has a trailer like that he took off all the wheels to make stationary. He has extra rims with Good Tires. Send him a pm

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same wheel as M101 trailer or M37 Dodge. There are wheels made for that trailer that are for tubeless tires.

goldneagle

Zev~ GoldnEagle has a trailer like that he took off all the wheels to make stationary. He has extra rims with Good Tires. Send him a pm
My wheels are 8 lug not 5. Tires would fit but I will need to check tire size.i have 5 NOS and 4 Slightly used ones.

Hermannator

I had a commercial driver that stopped by the shop to drop off a lift and he said his family had several old trucks and trailers with these rims. He said it IS NOT a split rim but rather a safety bead that you can remove with a screw driver. Still leaves me to find 9.0-16 highway tires for the rims. Thanks for the help so far, still trying to find a local tire shop to help with the issue. Any idea what would be a standard tire size that matches the 9.0-16 tire?