• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

electronics surplus of the western USA

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've been on a road trip since October 2, and just got home.

The purpose was to document as many of the "electronics surplus houses of the west" as possible in the time available.

Of these, Murphy's had the most military electronics. However, any of them are good to know about when needing electronics parts or test equipment.

The trip was right at 5300 miles.

A mostly complete pictorial account is available here:
http://www.bunkerofdoom.com/travel/2011oct/index.html

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I had taken the M8109 I would have posted it all here, but due to time constraints I had to take the pickup and a trailer. This was in the end a good idea because for several days I was passing 18-wheelers going up-hill in the Rockies and for sure they would have been passing me in the M8109. As it was, in some places I could only do 35-40 MPH because I had to keep it in 2nd gear. So I would still be in Oregon I figure, if taking the M8109.

The M8109 is fine, just been sitting because it has been too hot in TX at 100-110 degrees to drive it or work with it. Now that winter is coming, it'll get out more. I'll be driving it in the Veterans Day parade at a local school. I have really enjoyd having the 939 transfer case in it and being able to do 60-65 on the highway without redlining.

deuceaid

Banned
Hey Opcom, This is a belated Thanks,,but THANKS..... quite a few years ago, I found out what the ta-1/pt was ( have one sitting next to me now! )....... back then I was watching the new Battle Star Galactica,,,, and always wanted one of the phone hand sets They used for a prop........ well I ran across bunkerofdoom some time ago,,,,, and found out what it was and bought a pair ( from Murphys). That was a few years before I even got the green disease.... I was only a Ham then....

Also,,, Yeah Halted is real good too, in San Jose ( use to drive past it everyday to work)...and there were a few others in San Jose too.

Thanks Again,,,, I look forward to looking over Your trip photos and info... Jason..73`s:)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks