• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Elijah95s wrecker project

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
The other day i needed the truck for a small project, checked the fluids under the hood, and hopped in the cab, hit the clutch and brakes only to slam straight to the floor. The rear-rear axle wheel cylinders gave out. Ordered (6) new wheel cylinders, inner-outer wheel seals, hub gaskets and axle boots from BigMikesMotorpool, and got to work. I’m a one and done person, and dislike doing a job twice, or having hiccups due to my own laziness. I still have the middle and front axle to service, but in the mean time bled everything. Pushed through nearly 2 gallons of DOT 4 to get rid of the Jamba Juice the PO had floating around in the system, truck will nearly lock the tires when I want it to nowIMG_0344.jpg
IMG_0342.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Sometimes green iron disease will make you sick, but with all the trauma I’ve been through over the past year honestly these raggedy rigs are my escape. So todays project:

Truck has always been hard to start, surging idle, random light sputtering, wild rev-hunting when using the crane throttle and underpowered more-so than the typical 250 truck; unfortunately rapidly deteriorating after thorough dosing with diesel additives, atf and fresh fuel.

Time to tackle the soft fuel lines! IMG_0430.jpg
IMG_0419.jpg
IMG_0429.jpg
I’d say getting the toolbox off was the least fun, who put those tiny nuts hidden on the sides? LOL

Quick disassembly of fuel selector valve, polish with 2000 grit to remove varnish, new o-rings and fresh fuel lines on the push-lok fittings all done. Truck runs much better and it seems all the issues are resolved. Going to simply block off the cold start fuel primer line due to our mild climate as insurance, and look into adjusting the idle speed from 520 to 650rpm as it runs significantly smoother there and doesn’t rattle the cab like a bucket of bolts.

Further down the line it’s going to get an EGT gauge and maybe a #25 fuel button or lower, i want just a tiny bit of “safe” help with the 3-4 gear shift.

Small steps, I’m still in panic mode trying to climb the mountain of tasks across the board so we can move before June

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks