• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Eliminating 1 LB of rotating mass = 8.4 LBS of static mass. Let's upgrade TIRES

Tiwaz

Does anyone have any comments/recommendations on these rims/tires:

Tire:
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Mud Terrain LT37X13.50R17 121Q E Light Truck Tire
Link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seot/224...e5-4eef-9369-b9f62781a665&listRegistryType=WL

Rim:
Black Rhino 1795ARY-88165G22 17X9.5 8X6.5 GNBLK -18MM Armory
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C3NNMX...V3BC5LRP&psc=0&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I would imagine that going with a 13.50 instead of a 12.50 on this rim should not be a problem, am I correct...?

Both the Tire and the rim have good reviews but the set would be around $670 which is a little more than I'd like to spend right now but if I don't find anything else decent I may have to pull the trigger somehow.

Tiwaz

Worst idea ever if your looking to save $$$.

Feltz tires sells awesome 16.5’s for 200 apiece.
ok... here is a previously undisclosed factor:
Due to age and injuries suffered in 2 motorcycle accidents I have an incredible hard time handling the weight of a typical Humvee tire and I definitely want to be autonomous when it comes to change tires (especially in the Florida Everglades where no cell signal is present and even if it were nobody is gonna come and get you) so I have to have a tire/rim a lot lighter than the 16.5 steel rim and a tire that even w/o the run flat weighs a gazillion pounds. This is a consideration I definitely have to throw in the equation.

Awol

Does anyone have any comments/recommendations on these rims/tires:

Tire:
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro Mud Terrain LT37X13.50R17 121Q E Light Truck Tire
Link: https://www.walmart.com/ip/seot/224...e5-4eef-9369-b9f62781a665&listRegistryType=WL

Rim:
Black Rhino 1795ARY-88165G22 17X9.5 8X6.5 GNBLK -18MM Armory
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08C3NNMX...V3BC5LRP&psc=0&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I would imagine that going with a 13.50 instead of a 12.50 on this rim should not be a problem, am I correct...?

Both the Tire and the rim have good reviews but the set would be around $670 which is a little more than I'd like to spend right now but if I don't find anything else decent I may have to pull the trigger somehow.
I run 37×13.5-17 Cooper SSTs on my truck, with basic 17" steel wheels. They knocked a ton of weight off the truck, but they're definitely not what I'd consider light.

20240615_161003.jpg

EVANSWASTEOFMONEY

Troll craiglist and marketplace. Be patient, deals always pop up. First to arrive with cash wins.
I got a set of h1 rims and sent out for powder coating. They look like new now.

Awol

For sure no tire that size can be light but if I get this tire vs. stock and an alloy rim I have definitely shaved off a hell of alotta weight.
Definitely. They're much lighter than the stock rims with runflat inserts.

kboy

I replace mine with :
and cheap (< $150 each) 17x8.5 +18 aluminum wheel, total less than $400 per wheel mounted.
The mounter said that they balanced better than expected for tire of similar size
I only have a little over 1000 miles on them, so can't comment on durability, but so far so good.

-k

Attachments

Tiwaz

I replace mine with :
and cheap (< $150 each) 17x8.5 +18 aluminum wheel, total less than $400 per wheel mounted.
The mounter said that they balanced better than expected for tire of similar size
I only have a little over 1000 miles on them, so can't comment on durability, but so far so good.

-k
That sounds like a pretty good deal, the rim style would not be my choice but that is a very good deal nevertheless, I sure would have purchased those tires if I read this before purchasing
Walmart does not specify the amount of plys on those Terra Rider but I am sure they have 8 at least.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replace mine with :

-k
How about a picture down the side to show how far the tires stick out of the body, any part numbers on the rims?