• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Emergency strap on tire chains, any one use them?

dusterjh

Hello all,

I'm curious if anyone has used strap on chains like these ones Emergency Tire Chains for Heavy Duty Trucks
The ones I'm leaning towards are the ones with the nylon strap and the V-Bars welded to the links. I believe the ones with the nylon strap would be tighter and not flop as much as the ones attached by the chain going through the wheel. I considered regular chains but I may use them once a year and think these may be a better alternative. If I go with these I figured on ordering 4 sets and typically just put them all on the front tires to get out of a bind.
Any suggestions or past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Jake0147

Those are for emergencies only, they don't replace "regular' tire chains at all... You can't drive away with them, or use them to help with slick driving conditions. They just get you unstuck.

Being as they are for emergencies only, I find a much more effective (or perhaps "equally effective but quicker") solution is to simply wrap a piece of chain through the hand holes, hook the ends together and go...

With my way OR the "factory made" way of the same thing, watch the valve stems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks