• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Enclosed Trailer, will it 'work' with a Deuce?

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen a local ad pop up for this enclosed trailer (see attached images) and it got me thinking. With my Deuce I don't have a lot of storage space for tools, parts (especially parts!), tow bars, and many other things. I’d have to put such things in a box in the bed, which then I’d need to secure down etc etc because am highly untrusting of people and don't enjoy things "sprouting legs"...

Anyway, before I talk to the owner of this interesting trailer I'd like to learn more about it. Do any of you fine folks know what this trailer is or anything else about them (uses, problems, etc)?

I'd venture a guess and say it was probably some sort of mobile tools trailer - which is essentially what I'd be interested in it for.

Are these types of trailers tall enough to work with a Deuce, or were they meant for smaller trucks and puling one with a Deuce would awkwardly pitch the trailer?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You can flip the lunett to get a little bit of height, only down side is not showing in the mirrors and with the short tongue will be a bugger to back. Also make sure the rubber hinges on the gull wings are still good, it's a not a good deal if they give way when raising by yourself! In the future be looking for the A3 jack-leg it will make unhooking so much better if the trailer is full of tools.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can flip the lunett to get a little bit of height, only down side is not showing in the mirrors and with the short tongue will be a bugger to back. Also make sure the rubber hinges on the gull wings are still good, it's a not a good deal if they give way when raising by yourself! In the future be looking for the A3 jack-leg it will make unhooking so much better if the trailer is full of tools.
I tend to overlook the obvious - I hadn't considered the short tongue issues. And thank you for the other tips. I don't know the age of the trailer as of yet, so I'll have to be warry rotten rubber.

[thumbzup]

jasonjc

The tail lights on the trailer, mite be hard too see with the front of the trailer being high hooked to the deuce. The deuce will pull it fine, just don't back up. You will not see it untill its too late. Its hard enought trying to back up the bigger M105 trailers.

DAP

Yes it is a Pioneer Tool trailer meant to go behind an M37. I have one and the rubber hinges (flat conveyor belt strapping) was all rotted out. I decided to replace it with a full length stainless hinge from McMaster Carr. It was a lot of work but I would do it again as it solves the hinge issue once and for all. They are great trailers built on the M116 standard frame and can be adapted for just about any use.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an A2 version of that trailer. I brought it back from the GA Rally last year behind my deuce and it towed and tracked just fine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, did have to back it up. Take it very slow. As soon as you can see it, need to correct oyr you will lose it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tongue doesn't look much shorter than a 105 to me, what ever happened to using "ground guides", Lol
In a perfect world there would be ground guides at every corner and dirveway. Then again, half of the fools probably couldn't back a tricycle. :D I do use my 9 yr old when he is available.

tbone1004

I put a few extra reverse lights on mine where the reflectors go. Works just fine for me, between that and the backup lights on my jeep I haven't had a problem yet. Then again, the better half will usually run out before i can screw up too bad

Stan Leschert

If you can't see it in your mirrors, put some "Chicken Strips" on it. These would be bright colored chunks of pvc pipe, mounted on an angle, so you have a reference as to where your tag-a-long is.

My fleet uses the orange markers that are normally attatched to snowplows... Meyer..... Works like a hot Dang!