• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

End of an era, saying goodbye...

HardCorps79

Well, friends, this hasn't been the easiest decision for me, but I'm going to have to say goodbye to the M1009. I've had a blast working on her and have learned a ton. She was fun to drive, but the miltiary is PCSing me and my new posting isn't really going to allow me the time to work on her the way she deserves. She's a really good looking truck and I've put a lot of time and money into it, but the time has come to say goodbye.

I want to thank all of you for all of the help, friendship and support in the last year or two. This is absolutely the best bunch of guys I've ever met on the internet in any forum. I'll probably still lurk around here just to get my OD fix, and in the future, when my career allows, I will probably rejoin the ranks of MV owners. But for now, I have to say goodbye.

For sale ad is posted in the Classifieds here and on Kansas City craigslist.

Semper Fi & God Bless, Brothers.

Sgt "Bear", USMC

saddamsnightmare

June 18th, 2010.

Geez, HardCorps79, we're gonna miss you around here.....! How long do you think you're gonna be able to hold out before the OD Iron bug bites again?aua Ever consider getting a nicely restored M38A for going to work in? It ought to at least be good for some comments on the way by....?:cry:

Take care, we'll leave the light on for you....:idea:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Sucks to hear this, but I'm sure its the right thing for you for now. We'll still be here when you get another.

ABN173

Stephen,

I had to sell mine due some drunk kid crashing into mine two weeks before I had to PCS across the country. (see link: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/29528-accident.html) I had sellers remorse big time and I had to replace it as soon as I got up here to FT Lewis. I know what a PCS move can be like and sometimes you have to make the hard decisions. At any rate there is a Rally up here in July so your more than welcome to attend brother! BTW there is a M1009 on craigslist for $800 that needs a new engine, also I have a 6.5L in a can we could drop in it. Let me know once you get up this way!

-Dale

ABN173

PS..... If your considering gov quarters on FT Lewis, you can also choose McChord AFB they have a bunch of renovated and new homes open. I like the AFB base better anyways

Dale

Last edited:

Cucvnut

can you have some one store it for you ? or hold on to it ? its a shame ot just get rid of it. im sure you can find some one in your family or group of friends who would be willing to do that.

wsucougarx

Yes Stephen, as Dale already mentioned, I would also like to extend and invitation to our 2nd Annual PNW Convoy! Now you can put a face to the names and the trucks you'll be seeing driving up and down the I-5 corridor.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Pacific North West.
If you get home sick for the brown dry hot heat, never fear Kennewick, WA is just a few hours away.
Nothing like that coastal part of the state.
Hope to meet you at the rally.
Remember the network travels with you no matter where you wind up being stationed.

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Its is an hard thing to do I had to do it several times in the past.
Aways look forward not back.

That is what an MARINE tell me every day.
Semper Fi & God Bless, Brothers.:driver:

Last edited:

ABN173

Stephen,

If you can't sell or decide to keep it, let me know and I can take leave and help drive it.

I assume the Mrs. and you don't want drive multiple vehicles, I know that was a point of contention for our move. In fact we left one vehicle in Georgia for this reason.

Did you consider posting in transportation needs could be a member headed West that could just hook up a tow bar or something.

-Dale

Last edited:

1stSarge

I just wanted to quote what someone said in another thread....

HardCorps79; said:
And even if you eventually stop driving it around, you'll never quite be the same again. It's sort of an infectious mental disorder, this OD obsession...

ABN173

Stephen,

I hope your move is going (or went) well for you. We had our PNW rally this weekend and had a great time meeting Steel Soldier members from the area as well as members that are either reserve/active duty or veterans from all branches of the military. Sorry you could not attend, I also hope that Steel Soldiers has not seen the last of "SGT Bear/ Hardcorp79"

-Dale

Armada

Good luck with the sale and the career. You'll get another MV down the road now that you have the addiction. You'll be back, they always come back... ;-)