• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine and tranny/transfercase question.

Section8

ok here is the deal. i am looking to buy a ltd-465-1d with spicer tranny and transfercase from a company that sells used surplus vehicles and such up here in british columbia canada. the problem is what are the drive trains worth? plus i am really wanting to know what the demensions and weight of these engines and drive trains is. I cant seem to find the details anywhere. I am wanting to know if it will fit the application i intend. Anyone with details or thread links let me know. thanks

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2,600 pounds total weight would be a good number to work with.

Engine: 46" long, front pulley to back of bell housing; 39" tall; 24" center to center, across bell housing engine rear mount bolts
Transmission: 22" long from back of engine bell housing to rear of drive flange
Transmission drive flange to back of transfer case brake drum, including short drive shaft between the two: 31"

Hope this helps!

Regards Marti

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
engine is about 1850 pounds, transmission about 300-400, transfer case 250+. Search for the specific components and you will have a better idea what the sell for. People here have claimed they have purchased transmissions for as low as $100 to over $400. There are some brand new transfer cases in the classifieds. Engines, in the can run from $500 to $1000. YMMV2cents