• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine barring

adamax

so i've been working on my truck the last few days and thought i'd go aheah and adjust the valves while i was in there i went through the tm's and found the procedure, but i cannot figure out how to barr the engine over. i tried using the commpressor pulley but it just slips the belt i even tried putting the tcase in neutral and the trans in gear and turning the drive shaft but thats not happening.any help or suggestions would be great.Thanks,Adam

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Put a bit of pressure on the compressor belt and it will turn the engine over fine.

adamax

i tried putting pressure on the belt but it just slips maybe i need a new belt. when i tried the drive line i used 1st. wouldn't it be harder in 5th or am i thinking backwards.

Capt.Marion

In 5th the engine would have to turn slower for the same ground speed as compared to 1st... thing about doing 55 MPH in 1st vs 5th.