• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Coolant - The pond on the passenger floor

Timberwolf22

Well it's a positive thing that I usually don't have passengers otherwise I might have heard comments like.....

Is the truck supposed to leak green stuff?
There is a green pond at my feet?

Or the classic from my kids.....Ummmm Dad that's not good = there goes my day.

Ended up with a decent amount of engine coolant on the floor of the passenger area in the cab. Looks to be coming out of the heater box right below the "glovebox".

I know what I will be taking apart tonight...... ofcourse it looks like I have to disassemble a good amount of stuff to get the covers off.

Coolant 2.jpg Coolant 1.jpg Coolant 3.jpg

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct military heater kit has valves to shut it off.

Timberwolf22

We shall see indeed..... a few more screws and removing the glovebox as per the TM and I will have better look inside.

I used the search tool for Heater shut off valves..... loooking to see if that was a modification someone had done but not able to locate so you have my complete attention if you can reference a TM page or link to that modification.

Yes it would be good to shut off the heater in the cab when not required because even when off ..... well it still blows heat.

gungearz

I don't do TM's... Takes to much time for me (unless its some really intricate stuff). Although, I found that buying MV coolant shut offs were pretty pricey. So what I did, was go to Menards and picked up 2-3/4" brass ball cock shut off valves both female ends, Went to the parts store and got 4-3/4" to 5/8" hose connectors and 4-5/8" hose clamps... Installed them inline with both sides of the heater core in a convenient spot and called it a day.... Is it correct...? I don't know and I don't care but all I know is for 1/4 of the cost, it works....

gungearz

I got my shut offs at napa for $5 each. Nice clean install.
Yep, that's what mine figured out to be around... And when it comes for PM's, I go to lube express....lol. Nah, just give me the part and I dive right in... No manual needed... Rebuilding air pack, master cylinders, IP's and more... Ill use it. Note the problem then tackle it... Easy peezy...

steelandcanvas

Yep, that's what mine figured out to be around... And when it comes for PM's, I go to lube express....lol. Nah, just give me the part and I dive right in... No manual needed... Rebuilding air pack, master cylinders, IP's and more... Ill use it. Note the problem then tackle it... Easy peezy...
Wow, it must be way cool to be that smart and confident too!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you saying you were born like this, or ?

welldigger

Meh....I can't say I'm the worlds best at looking through the TM's myself. Especially when I don't know if that particular TM even exists. Such as the short air pak TM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks