• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine fan always engaged ?

F18hornetM

Doghead.
You amaze me with how fast you come up with the correct TM. I am getting better with them, finding things. They are still not layed out like commercial manuals so takes some getting used to.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time and effort, has helped with TM proficiency.

I can tell you this, 6 or 7 years ago, I knew almost nothing(other than they existed) about TMs. The desire to help myself and others has made me learn to use them. Having them on my computer(pdfs) has helped immensely. Most of the time, I look at using them as a simple challenge that propagates logical thought. It's fun to find stuff and help others.(I never understand why people get mad at me when I share how I used a TM to answer their question)

I still remember Kenny giving me a simple description of the deuce TMs and how to use them. (that's where it all started with)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial

seano11

O lighten up guys I work 16 hour days do most of my posting off of my iPhone I looked under the hood but it was dark when I got home. Reading through the tms on this dam phone sucks I need to get a iPad to do that. It's not like I thought the truck was running hot at 180 it was just that I never hear the fan coming on. Sorry for getting you guys all worked up I'll keep my questions to myself from now on

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may want to try a computer. They rock for websites and PDFs.

biggen

i know i may get crap for this but i have an xm813 and finishing up on changing belt, and getting radiator off and getting clean... but the fan is also the way to loosen some of the belt to...........ill shut up now

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Adding an air operated fan clutch will free up power and add fuel mileage. It is an easy conversion.
Did you do this conversion and, if so, with a kit or individual parts? Any modification required to the radiator mounting? Inquiring minds want to know. I'd like to enjoy more Cummins power sounds than the suck of Hoover.