• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Fan Engagement Actuator

brock

Hello,

Driving my truck yesterday and had the fan coming on and off in a very normal manner. I parked it and shut the engine off,after a few minutes I hear the prominent hissing of leaking air. Its coming from the engine compartment. I pop the hood and start looking and come across the fan engagement actuator on the upper radiator crossover pipe releasing quite a bit of air through an exhaust port of sorts. It purged for a few minutes then I started the truck. Fan was spinning then clutch disengaged and hissing stopped. Has not happened before or since.

Any ideas? I assume the purge hole is to allow the releasing of compressed air trapped in the clutch housing and line when the fan is not needed, otherwise how would the air be released, but has anyone had one of these go bad?

Thanks for the info!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Scroll down to read the similar threads that should have come up when you searched before posting.