• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine for 1984 m1008

hwcurtice

First, I need to verify what engine actually came with the truck.

Second, How difficult is it to find a running one? Engine, that it. Truck I'm looking at threw a rod. Seller claims 6.2L

Third, What does a running engine go for these days?

Geesh You guys, Cut the man some slack :]

Mine came with a briggs and stratton, thats factory right?:twisted:

A running 6.2,Here In NC Goes for anywheres from $600 on up Running. The Civiy 6.2 is the Cheapest around Here.If you want a j code 6.2 Then probably $1000 and Up Complete with Brackets and everything to drop in.

As for The Briggs and Stratton Thats a a well sought after option, Man you have a gold mine :] The M1008 thats got that is one Awesome Ride.

hwcurtice

Thanks for all your useful (CHOKE) advise. I asked this one the fly therefore, didn't use the search, nor did I even see the sticky.

I did think that these came stock with 16 inch tires, to match the m101a2 trailers, but I see I was incorrect.

So I learned something new today. Maybe a couple things....

hwcurtice

hmmmm that's odd, The sticky says 15" and the truck I'm looking at has 15".

And I don't see and engines in the classified section.

Off to CL, I guess or maybe eBay.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmmm that's odd, The sticky says 15" and the truck I'm looking at has 15".
I fixed the Wiki. The M1009 tire was listed but not the others. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are the axles on the truck you are looking at 8 bolt hubs or 6 bolt? I don't think I have ever seen a 15" 8 bolt rim

original

I've got a good 6.2 in the truck running now, but I don't think that will help you were to far apart. You can send me a message if your interested, I will give you a good price based on the shipping you would have to pay. Good luck, mate.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fixed the Wiki. The M1009 tire was listed but not the others. Thanks for pointing that out.

Are the axles on the truck you are looking at 8 bolt hubs or 6 bolt? I don't think I have ever seen a 15" 8 bolt rim
Aftermarket used to have 15" eight lug wheels available.
I bought a great parts vehicle that had a set on it with 33/12.50-15 BFG's mounted.

Attachments

Last edited: