• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine ID?

vbrescueman

I noticed something interesting the other day on my deuce. The Engine ID tag stated that the engine is a LDS-465-1A... The deuce has a 'whistler' turbo and non-airshift front axle. I thought the turbo models were all LDT's. Any ideas about the different ID's? :lost:
Thanks,
Doc
P.S. Is TFAD Toole- (for overhaul location) ?

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Liquid cooled, Diesel, Supercharged is what LDS stands for. You're truck has a 5 ton engine. Have you found anything indicating that it was remanufactured for the deuce? If not you might have the regular engine which has more HP. Nice find! Things are getting better all the time.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
P.S. Is TFAD Toole- (for overhaul location) ?

The "E" must look like an "F"-you're seeing "TEAD" which is Toole and that is a rebuild Depot.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When in 5 ton dress the starter and the oil pan is reversed. Those are the visibles.

M1075

Rescueman-

Did you ever conclude whether or not you really have a LDS 465-1A? I ran across one recently with the same tags as you, but figured it must have been rebuilt into the regular duece configuration. What is the easiest way to definitely know if you got a 200 hp monster?