• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Identification

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was me interested in the engine, I would note that it is not seized, but that is about it. All the other components could be trash, as far as I am concerned. Maybe it will start with a carb rebuild. What if it has a severe knock? In order to run and actually be used, it may need a complete teardown and rebuild.
Essentially, it is one slight step above a core engine. Id' offer $300-500.

If the engine was cleaned up, ready to run, fires right up, has excellent oil pressure and purrs like a kitten.....double that.

It is a small group of Deuce lovers that appreciate the OM 331 gas engine instead of ripping it out and multifuelling everything. It is an even smaller group that actively restores a gasser Deuce. You are not dealing with a huge buyer pool. But, it only takes one....

Day Radebaugh

Thanks very much for all this information. I will make certain it is not seized, then offer it for free to whomever wants to pay for the shipping. I have no use for it, and there isn't much money involved.
I have determined that the engine is not seized. However, I was unable to post a classified ad offering the engine for free, so this will have to do. Contact me if you would like the engine and are prepared to arrange shipping. I can load it on to a truck. Otherwise it goes to the landfill.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks