• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine knocking and oil blowing from turbo

plym49

plym49,
With all due respect (I said that right), With all due respect, there is no way that video is real. A fireball coming through the hood? Sure the smoke screen never allowed the hood to be shown once the "explosion" took place but I never saw the shrapnel from the hood being blown away and the "wood shards" flying around at the beginning of the "explosion" make me call BS. The soundtrack included sounds like a 8V92 gettin with it. Sorry for the highjack, OP. For What it's worth, mine's not done that but if you felt the vibration in the truck, the turbo is not the culprit.
Au contrair. The video is real. The events depicted are not*. My young son whipped up the SFX on a video clip of my Deuce. He did it quick-and-dirty; if he had spent more time on it I daresay you would not be able to tell: he would have added the shrapnel; we would also have started with footage of the Deuce from the same angle with the hood open and closed in order to create the correct establishing shots for the masks that are used to time and place the special effects.

The soundtrack is from an actual runaway diesel. All of you who said it sounded like a Detroit got that part right. You guys are good!

Anyway, the video was meant to be whimsical, and at 7 seconds long does not waste anyone's time. Hopefully everyone will get a chuckle from it.

*Just like every photo in every magazine is Photoshopped up the ying-yang. Do you think that even the prettiest models look that good in real life?

sandcobra164

All of you who said it sounded like a Detroit got that part right. You guys are good!

[thumbzup] There are some amateur's in every crowd. I've heard Detroits under all sorts of conditions but never a runaway. One older feller said they will rev so high, they emit a high pitched whistle before they blow.

Next time I will say the audio and the visual has been messed with and the audiovisual video does not appear to be realistic in any manner of the word :grd:

Also, did you catch the "Talladega Night's" reference?

plym49

All of you who said it sounded like a Detroit got that part right. You guys are good!

[thumbzup] There are some amateur's in every crowd. I've heard Detroits under all sorts of conditions but never a runaway. One older feller said they will rev so high, they emit a high pitched whistle before they blow.

Next time I will say the audio and the visual has been messed with and the audiovisual video does not appear to be realistic in any manner of the word :grd:

Also, did you catch the "Talladega Night's" reference?
Kinda sorta. :)