• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine lost Power

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WMO will clog filters fast.

I miss DirtBag!
Those were good times! I met a third Will from Red Mtn years later that said he knew you guys as well.

I do disagree w/ the WMO clogging up the filters on the truck if processed appropriately before hand. Not that I haven't clogged my share of filters but I could always trace it back to something I didn't do right in the processing. I trust it enough to be a hundred plus miles off on dirt tracks crossing mtn ranges.

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Full time WMO burner here and been doing it for a decade. 100% in the summer and 10gal gas mixed w/ 40gal WMO in the winter. I filter through 2 -20 micron filters, 1 - 10 micron and sometimes a 5 micron before adding it to my tank. Pressure gauges on all filters so I only change out the one clogging up.
I know when I'm using "emergency fuel" (pump diesel) because the truck is weaker pulling grades than when it has it's standard WMO fuel.

Do you happen to have a picture of how you plumbed your secondary fuel pressure gauge? I'm more so trying to think about the best way to keep the bleed function with the secondary pressure gauge. Also after reading the manual for setting the IP do I just need to find a AN fitting T to check the boost pump? Also how can I check the pressure from the IP to the injectors? Or is the fact I checked the pop pressure during a recent nozzle replacement enough to verify it is building enough pressure?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you happen to have a picture of how you plumbed your secondary fuel pressure gauge? I'm more so trying to think about the best way to keep the bleed function with the secondary pressure gauge. Also after reading the manual for setting the IP do I just need to find a AN fitting T to check the boost pump? Also how can I check the pressure from the IP to the injectors? Or is the fact I checked the pop pressure during a recent nozzle replacement enough to verify it is building enough pressure?
I can see how that was confusing. What I meant was that my WMO processing system has pressure gauges on all filter heads.
I haven't yet gauged the ones on the truck. I did put a gauge on the secondaries of an M-109 that we built out. Used a brass T w/ a cutoff valve so I could still bleed it. The gauge died pretty fast. I think it was that it was in constant motion when the truck was idling, bouncing w/ every injection pop, at least thats what I think I was watching. Dont know what it was doing while driving.

Jeepsinker

You absolutely need to turn up the fuel rate ( fuel screw) on the injection pump, regardless of any of the other stuff. You have a lot more air where you are now and not enough fuel rate to obtain a proper fuel/ air ratio.
Sent an M35 from my old place in Louisiana up to my dad in Colorado years ago and he had to turn the fuel way down because the fuel rate was set for basically sea level. Up in Colorado it was belching enormous clouds of black smoke at all times because there's less air.

In other words, you're overthinking this. Just bump your fuel rate up. The low EGT alone tells you that. And it costs nothing, unlike throwing parts at it.