• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Mount Fitment Issue

spectre6000

I have a mechanically rock stock '84 M1009, and I've been on a rebuild kick. I went to put in the new engine mounts today, and the ones I ordered from LMC (I just cross referenced my receipt to the catalog and made sure I ordered the correct parts) do NOT fit. They're a bit too long and instead of attaching with three bolts, they want four. No go. Unfortunately, I tossed the boxes and it's been a while since I ordered them, so I'm pretty sure I get to eat that (I wouldn't want to deal with their customer service anyway after the last time I tried).

So what's up? Is there something special about the CUCV mounting brackets that I'm unaware of? Is LMC really just that special kind of clueless? Does anyone have any known correct part numbers (preferably O'Reilly/Checker)? Thanks.

m38inmaine

I pulled a 6.2 out of a van and swapped it in a CUCV, it would not fit, till I realised the motor mounts were different, might be van mounts.

Terracoma

The motor mounts for the early 6.2L engines (up through '83, I believe) are the same as the 5.7L/350ci gasser motor mounts. Our CUCVs use these smaller mounts.

Later 6.2L's (possibly '84 onward) use a larger mount, closer to the 7.4L/454ci mounts.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The top two bolt holes will fit, the bottom hole takes a slight mount mount mod to work, I just did the motor mount r&r on a 09

spectre6000

The mounts I ordered are what LMC lists as their 84-(something later) mounts. No differentiation between van, two or four wheel drive, etc.

If I were to attempt to modify the mount brackets to fit the mounts, I'd be doing some seriously extensive modification... The lower holes are almost over the end of the mount when the upper holes are aligned. That's a big no-go.

My truck is very mid-'84 and I've found some things to be of the earlier spec and some things to be of the later spec. I've seen date codes stamped or cast into various parts going back to 83, so it's possible I need the earlier style mounts...

V8Astro

Same thing happened to me when I ordered mounts from RockAuto. I drilled out the rivets on both sets of mounts put the new rubber in the old clams shells. Been like that for 2 years now

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please stop using photobucket and post you picture here instead. It does ask you to do that in the Forum rules.

armytruck63

I had this issue when I owned a 1984 M1009. It turns out that the DoD selected the 1983 model and told GM to build them just like that. In other words, the engine mounts for a 1983 6.2 Diesel Blazer are the CORRECT ONES and WILL FIT.

I found this out the hard way and had to return the 1984 engine mounts and go to several Chevy dealers to find both 1983 mounts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks