• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Off, Lights Flicker

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I turn my key on, my lights flicker (rhythmically) and my amperage goes low to normal to low. There is a clicking, which I assume to be a pump somewhere.

Engine starts fine. Lopes a bit when it is cold but idle evens out pretty quickly (2 minutes).

Belts wobble a but when running but I've tightened everything I can. (and that would not be related to when the engine is off.)

Any thoughts here on what the flickering might be?

(Recent adds: Grounding kit, LED Dash lights.)

Dock Rocker

When I turn my key on, my lights flicker (rhythmically) and my amperage goes low to normal to low. There is a clicking, which I assume to be a pump somewhere.

Engine starts fine. Lopes a bit when it is cold but idle evens out pretty quickly (2 minutes).

Belts wobble a but when running but I've tightened everything I can. (and that would not be related to when the engine is off.)

Any thoughts here on what the flickering might be?

(Recent adds: Grounding kit, LED Dash lights.)
Does it quit after about a min? If it’s only at startup and only for a short time that is the glowplugs continuing to cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wire Fox

This sounds like glow plugs cycling. All boxes except for the newest S3 will have the glow plugs cycling on and off for about 2 minutes from key on, even after the wait to start light has gone out. Your headlights probably pulse a little bit with the engine running for the first couple minutes, if you look close enough.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

StackJ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had noticed the pulsing when the engine was on. I looked and have the old controller. (Nartron, black, old model, #s too small for my old eyes to read).

I read this thread about the boxes.... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?144903-EESS-PCB-replacement-for-the-HMMWV

Lots of gold there. From my read, if it works, don't fix it. I'll order a backup new model when I have some extra budget.

Thank you! I can relax now!

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Note :
Trucks with 60 amp units all have belt flap....if they don't, then there to tight.
To tight will mess something up.
Seen a truck on base once that someone added a idler to the belts for the flapping .....it looked good.
Could not take a pic as no cameras aloud.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks