• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil levels

WPNS421

I was doing a PM on the m35 equipped w/White multi fueller and when I checked the oil I found the level high. The truck is level and has not been started in 24 hrs. On the dipstick the is the add mark, 1 & 2 level marks. The oil on the stick was over the high mark. Question do we have too much oil in the engine or is it because the fillters have emptied.? We have ordered the spin on filters and we will install them as soon as we get them. Thanks

dittle

Its because the engine has not been run and the filters are empty. If you read on the dipstick it will say to run the engine, let it sit for 1 minute and then check it in the un-screwed position.

saddamsnightmare

April 16th, 2010.

WPNS421:

You might have a different dipstick then my 1971 Kaiser Jeep has, as it's engine is a White Multifuel and the dipstick reads from first bottom mark "ADD" ,"1","2","3","4", "5" and the top and last mark is "6". According to my 1970's M35A2 operator's manual there is a range of 6 quarts between add and what would be functionally full. When my truck is shut down overnight on a level the oil runs right at the "6" mark when full and the filters have emptied. The other time the manual says to check is one minute after shutdown, andy reading between the one minute and six hours after shutdown will be erronious.

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan[thumbzup]