• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil type

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even I knew the answer to that one. :)

Or

Top of the main page and click search.

Enter the search terms like oil or Deuce or something along those lines.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, CLINTO. I agree with Kenny. While some people swear by a certain brand, it really makes almost no difference for the amount MOST of us use our trucks. My only recommendation would be to use a good name brand...Shell Rotella, Mobil Delvac, Valvoline, Quaker State, etc. Most studies seem to show that Rotella is the best. Delvac is also highly rated. I use both Rotella and Delvac the most...but I have also used each of the brands I mentioned above. Basically, I buy whatever is for sale at COSTCO and my trucks have never complained.

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Rotella 15-40. If you stay with a higher quality of motor oil, you shouldn't have to worry about the changing it as much. I also have spin on oil filters which does a better job of filtering the oil.
Has anyone had an oil analysis done between different oils?

Mark2X2

We have a Mack truck on the road hauling pulp wood. We change it with 15W40 Rotella, between 9,000 & 10,000 miles. Figure the Deuce can get by with one change a year, don't think it will get 10,000 miles per year, I like to change oil once a year no matter how few miles it gets.
My Two Cents.
Mark