• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine parts compatibility

jwaller

they do use different oil pans, intake, glow plugs, front water pump pulley and parts of the oil pickup and injector pump are different.

Boxdoc1960

That shoots down that Idea. There are 3 or 4 6.2L HUMMWV engines on GL in Columbus that nobody's bid on. I may need a new IP and I was hoping that I could pull the IP, glow plugs and water pump off for spares.:cry:

jwaller

the ip is the same it's the cutoff solenoid that is different. hmmwv is waterproof and 24V where they are not on the chevy's.

Boxdoc1960

I just ordered a IP solenoid off e-bay for mine but the IP may be going bad as well. If the pump is the same less the solenoid it might be worth it just for the parts. Not sure though. You say that the water pump is the same less the pulley?

I doubt if the engine even runs. It may just be $150 worth of scrap metal.:-D

hobie237

Waterpumps can be had off the shelf at any auto parts store at any time for these trucks for $50 or so- why would you even consider a used replacement that may/may not be in better/worse condition than yours?

As for the IP, it's worth it. Just use your old solenoids (or get new ones) and run it.

Boxdoc1960

It's probably not worth it. More hassle for the few parts I would need.:cry: Just thought that if I need a new injector pump, it might be worth having spare glow plugs, water pump ect. Too bad GL raised the minimum start bid to $150.

hobie237

$150 is worth it. We got an HMMWV motor for $300 recently. Look up what injection pumps go for and make your decision based on that.

airmech3839

I found a couple of "tested" IP on ebay for 50-100 and if I had to change one out 5 times is still cheaper than a rebuit one!!!! Diesel Fixers has them in Nashville. You can google them! They do alot of 6.2 and 6.5 work and have new, used, and Tested parts and engines!! That is where we are gonna get our IP cause it will be on our route to pickup our new m1009 we got on GL! Have fun and happy hunting!

airmech3839

No prob!! My wife hates that I spend an hour or so just "looking" for stuff let alone buying!!! Feel your pain!!

Drive it or Fly it like you stole it!!!:-D