• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Pre-Oiler (soliciting opinions)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I heard LDT/S engines were designed specifically to include cold environment starting, so all of the oil drains back into the pan from the filters (where it can be heated before starting engine if needed).

Simp, if you pull oil from the oil cooler, how are you sucking it past the positive displacement oil pump? Sorry I could not buy you lunch this trip, I'll buy us both lunch next time I see you. :)
The filter has a metering jet body on the inlet side. The nhc250 oil cooler doesn't cool all of the oil on each pass.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Jericho

Yes it was ! . worked the JEIM at WIlliams AFB in the late 70s early 80s ., nearly indestructable . Cant tell you how many I condemned and threw in the scrap metal barrel after they TACed out. I know they are still out there

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is that before or after the sprinkler box?
Before the box that your A2 was too scared to show up and be buddies with the other night. Next time, don't worry. I always have my trailer so I can tow you home.

acme66

So nearly done. Something wrong with my either start electrics so just jumpering and pumping it into a catch can. Don't want to add a switch to the dash if I don't have to so will try and troubleshoot tomorrow . Going to try oil cooler port just because it is easy. Had an issue where the pump refused to suck through a one way check valve. Had to redrain the motor or I would have results tonight. Pump pulls hard and the flow has got to be close to a gallon a minute. Course that is wide open bypassing the filter. I am sure that will slow it down some. Looking inside the oil cooler port it is dry. I worry that is a lot of space to fill efficiently, might get the Dino juice to the twirly bits faster by manifolding the block ports. I will have to test how long / if I can build measurable pressure pumping into the cooler.

Ken

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

acme66

Using the oil cooler port I can raise 10-15psi on a mech gauge screwed into a block port down by the starter in about 30 seconds after previously filling the engine two hrs prior (other testing before using the gauge). Cold oil, 50F ambient temps. When pump is off pressure bleeds down to zero in about 5 seconds. I think that is going to work. Never got around to checking the switch wiring. Quick thought w/o the books in front of me, the either solenoid isn't like the horn solenoid is it? 24v all the time and the switch connects ground?

Also picked up a 84 nhc250 today off a farm. Came out of an M809 I think. I am sure the trans are not worth much but I should be able to sell the PTO right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BivDmqZOM-k

Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks