• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Problem, Need Some Help

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
try napa or a local truck repair shop tell them what you have commings 6 cyl and get the # off the block. You will also need a special head wrench to do the job. You might try a local national guard shop they might help out with tool and parts offer them lunch on you.
Did you mean "Cummins 6 cyl"? If so I don't think a Cummins gasket will fit a multifuel.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I used the new type from Memphis. They fit right on. Had a 20 minute delay to run home to get my computer to get the torque spec's. Got back only to find that Memphis has a excerpt in the package providing instructions on installing the gaskets and all the torque spec's. That was 20 minutes of my life wasted.

Larch

Well, it was not only a blown head gasket but the gasket that was on had been put on backwards. This engine had been worked on fairly recently before being taken out of service. There was very little wear on the valves.

We started at 1030 this morning and finished about 730 this evening. Truck is running very well and sounds much better than before and also seems to have more power.

Photos were taken with a camera owned by one of the guys that helped. Probably won't get the pictures for several days.

Above all, I learned a lot. I feel confident that IF I would have to break down the engine in the future, I could do so albeit a lot slower than the guy that did it with me today. There were 3 of us with one doing most of the gopher work and me being mostly the tool female dog. Long hot, hard day and now finally home.
How was the head gasket put on backwards?