• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine remap

bikeracer917

Has anyone used nexiq pro-link software to remap the engine parameters of a cat c7 acert in their m1078a1? I'm curious to know if the software is worth getting. Thanks

dmetalmiki

Be very cautious about re mapping engine management systems. Some ECUs MUST be removed from the vehicle before re programming. Is that the case with yours?

dmetalmiki

OK, then if you have the know how, go for it. My lad re-mapped my Renault Clio (1500cc turbo diesel) (I was rather reluctant! at the time) but now, wow, it has power I am astonished with..And it also now does..............86 MPG! you may not get quite that with your truck!..But..hey.

Last edited:

DSD277

Has anyone used nexiq pro-link software to remap the engine parameters of a cat c7 acert in their m1078a1? I'm curious to know if the software is worth getting. Thanks
What year is your M1078A1?

FMTVs had Cat 3116 originally, then Cat came out with the 3126 in 1997( the first electronically controlled version).

The C7 was not introduced by Caterpillar until 2003ish ( I don't know when they were installed in the FMTVs, but definitely later)

This article gives a little history of those engines (from the commercial side )

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2012/09/understanding-and-profiting-from-the-caterpillar-c7/