• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine rotation damage

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I remember seeing somewhere in the TMs, Tranny section as best I can recall, to be sure and rotate the engine in the proper direction. To rotate it the wrong way can cause damage.

What could be damaged?

I rotated it both directions before reading this and before going any further would like correct or at least be prepared for what damage may have occurred.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I remember seeing somewhere in the TMs, Tranny section as best I can recall, to be sure and rotate the engine in the proper direction. To rotate it the wrong way can cause damage.

What could be damaged?

I rotated it both directions before reading this and before going any further would like correct or at least be prepared for what damage may have occurred.
If you sat there and turned the engine by hand for 15 minutes, it might cause a problem - where oil isn't being pumped into the crankshaft journals etc, but a few turns by hand shouldn't be a big deal.

DRY turning isn't good.

A squirt of Marvel Mystery Oil into the cylinders is a plus but IMO, it shouldn't hurt the motor, transmission, or transfer case at hand turned speeds.