• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine shut down problem

roadhog49

2 1/2 ton 6x6 White diesel. Eng stop moves unexpectedly & shuts down then will not move back until it sets approx overnight. Once the eng stop plunger moves by itself & shuts the eng off, the plunger can not be pushed back to the run position until it sets for a wjile. Would like to hear from anyone who has experienced this same problem.

Last edited:

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome, please try to post as you would talk to someone in front of you. Is the in-tank pump running? Has it been sitting for an extended period of time? Possibly a filter issue.

seekhim1

could be a hydraulic lock-up caused by a fluid in a cylinder could be a leaking injector allowing fuel into the cylinder or a leaking head gasket allowing coolant into the cylinder. watch the coolant and oil levels very closely if loosing coolant but don't see any leaks possibly head gasket. or if the engine oil is going overfull (gaining fluid) without loosing coolant then you may have an injector leaking fuel. when it sits overnight the fluid can seep past the rings into the crankcase..make some checks and let me know I will try to walk you through...

smoke

It sound to me that the engine stop cable is screwed up or something in the injection pump is screwed up causing the cable to move and shutting down the truck. That what I got out of it.

roadhog49

when eng is running the eng stop plunger moves by itself and shuts down, then the plunger can not be pushed back to run position until engine sets for a while.

smoke

when eng is running the eng stop plunger moves by itself and shuts down, then the plunger can not be pushed back to run position until engine sets for a while.
I would start to look at the injection pump. I don't know which TM to lookin for that but someone will chime in with it. If you don't have the TM you can download them on here for free. Good luck.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1) Check linkages and return springs.
2) The shut-down cable is locked in position by a 1/4 turn.
3) The fuel cut-off lever (see image) could be sticky and may need to be cleaned. Instructions in TMs.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks