• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Sound and Thoughts

I have been looking around at M35a2 multifuels for awhile and came across this one on craigslist. I lnow there are many exteremly helpful threads on buying a duece amd what to look for but I had the guy make a video/ walkaroud of it and think it may be helpful to hear a second opinion on if the emgine sounds healthy or if anything out of the ordinary comes to mind. Thank yall.
https://youtu.be/ybjJku0bNj8

Haha! First post gave me the chills.... Thanks for the input. I have not been around many of these to know for sure. Help from more trained ears is very appreciated!

Hummermark

Was there a reason why the dash master switch was turned off straight after starting? This switch needs to be left on for gauges to work!

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Rustystud. Sounds good, adjust tappets and check all systems as soon as you can, but basically a good truck.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well its an old gasser converted to multifuel. You might want to swap in a correct dash board. I'm not too far away if you'd like another set of eyes on it. PM me your number and we can set up a meet.

Yes, I noticed the gasser dash, this one would have had a tach mounted on a bracket uder te dash if I am correct. At the very least I would want to add a tach. Ideally i would try to find a proper dash for it. Anyone know of someone with servicible dash assembly for an affordable price?

~gimp, just sent you a PM.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Rustystud. Sounds good, adjust tappets and check all systems as soon as you can, but basically a good truck.
I agree. Preventative maintenance is huge and you never know how somebody else worked on it before. Adjusting the valves is zero cost, only time. Check all the fluids and make sure you check the engine oil regularly. If its low, top it off so its full. better safe than sorry.

Oh, when you check the axle gear oil, its supposed to be about an inch below the fill hole. Over full and axle seals will leak.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine bay does not appear to have been cleaned and the surfaces of the block that are visible appear dry. There is no indication of oil leaks and there is no noticeable blow-by on idle from the crank case vent (no slobber tube attached). The top of the front axle pumpkin also appears dry, indicating that there is no oil leaking down from the engine. So, engine appears ok, but the video does not say anything about transmission, brakes etc. Definitely a truck to consider. You will need seat covers because these vinyl jobs will make your rear end itch!!

rustystud

You sure? My truck as the same tick...
Have you adjusted your tappets yet ? If so and it still has that tick I would check your valve lift to see if your cam is loosing a lobe. You can use a dial indicator on the rocker (manually turning engine over) and after checking all of them you can determine if any is below average compared to the others.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks