• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine Stop Knob Missing?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
So after a successful recovery last night, arrived home in the dark I realized the M51A2 would not shut off by simply turning the ignition switch back to OFF. I looked everywhere for a typical diesel shut off knob to pull and found only this (circled in red). Is this where the knob should be? I had to stall it to shut it off.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So after a successful recovery last night, arrived home in the dark I realized the M51A2 would not shut off by simply turning the ignition switch back to OFF. I looked everywhere for a typical diesel shut off knob to pull and found only this (circled in red). Is this where the knob should be? I had to stall it to shut it off.
Yes

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
Perhaps a look in the Parts TM would not be a bad idea. Sometimes you get part numbers and NSN's that can lead you to the right part, and sometimes it even tells you how long a cable is supposed to be. Then you can find a longer one and shorten it. Sometimes a part can be different for almost like trucks, in the same series.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks