• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine swap fuel efficiency?

dmetalmiki

curiose!

AS to WHY anyone wud want 2 swap from a multifuel (as) the fuels for same are USUALY?? free?? CONTAM..from folks that make the mistake of wrong fuel in motors..(bless em!).. and in any case the milage IF driven WITH RESPECT = reasnable M.P.G. I NEVER go over 2000 rpm and return 10 mpg ( in an M54a2 TOWING a deuce to shows..with a JEEP in back AND two m/cycles)...only my wrecker M62 is " greedy" at 6 mpg towing..(same!)..BUT my M54 IS on...1400x20s...solo goes ..errr..well!

spicergear

jwaller said:
cranetruck said:
What other engine has a compression ratio of 22:1?
The duramax from GM has a 24:1 CR.
Uh...unless that was first couple of years production, the Duramax's compression ratio was lowered in 2006 from 17.5 to 16.8:1.

The 4.3 liter diesel in my dad's old '84 Celebrity wagon is 22.05:1. That's a nice engine NOT to be confused with the plagued Old's V8 diesel.

spicergear

OPCOM said:
what will happen to the transmission when the 610 ft-lb of torque occurs?
Nothing yet- :) Seriously though, I don't know how much torque my 1160 CAT is putting out but considering it 636 cubic inches...I certainly would guesstimate it's torque nearing that mark you referred to. No tranny issue so far-

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i sold my 3208 deuce several years ago, for an astonishing amount, but it always got 10 mpg. my current deuce, m-621, made more smoke turned up then i thought it should based on ex temp so i pulled and tested the injectors. i have a tester of my own. 4 of them were not spraying anywhere near the pattern they should so i cleaned and relapped them. more results soon.

Barrman

Chris,
You are the one that took the pictures of the sticker on the fuel filters saying it was no longer a multi-fuel. I never even looked at it. Just checked the oil and drove. Figured it something was wrong, you wouldn't have made it to Georgia.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
m-35tom said:
cummins 5.9 in a deuce always gets 15 or better but it is a way more effecient engine.....
Got any numbers Tom? There is a difference between processing the exhaust and increasing the efficiency of an engine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks